Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ambulan Datang Ke Sekolah

Hi.

It was 1999, I was 7 years old. That time, as a kid I would be very sensitive to the white-vehicle-with-crescent-moon-at-it's-body.

Yeah. Ambulance.

First thing came to my mind was: the nurses are going to pull my teeth. Because my elder sis and bro told me every year the nurses in the ambulance would come bringing the jarum to inject somethin into your gum.

Then a nurse representative came to my class and told the class teacher something. All eyes were like... coming out from the socket. The faces started to loss colour. All yellow-faced.

"Okey, semua murid-murid sila beratur kat tepi kelas ni ye. Ketua kelas, bawak kawan-kawan awak pergi ke bilik tepi perpustakaan. Awak semua akan dicucuk hari ini."

Me and my friends were 'HAH' together spontaneously because we were all growing up with the perception being injected is painful. And I grew up with that perception sticking in my mind although me becoming a doctor too.

Sorang-sorang jalan lambat-lambat, siapa je yang nak kena cucuk.

But that time, sebab kena cucuk dekat gluteal area (kat punggung) so it wasn't painful pun...

Whatever purpose it is, the ambulance was and still is very popular to the kids because 'it brings nurses and doctors who will inject them'.

The kids in Malaysia do not know how doctors and nurses in our country are really gentle and berbudi bahasa. Sebab diorang tak pernah jumpa doktor dan nurses Arab.

No comments:

Post a Comment